Here we are in the process of painting our master bedroom. My mom and Isaac & I all worked on the painting.
Then my mom and I tackled the headboard together (as you can see by the picture it was mostly her). It was originally just a rectangle that we stapled some fabric over. But I found a pix of an upholstered headboard online that I liked and mom cut our board to mimic the shape. Then we added extra padding and a new fabric in an elegant b&w damask.
We found a coordinating striped fabric to make a bedskirt and matching pillows. We kind of dragged our feet getting the project started but once we got the planning and main decisions made (my mom and I feed off of each other's indecisiveness) it moved fairly quickly.
We couldn't have done this project without my mom's help. She has put in alot of hours over the last few weeks helping us with the painting and sewing. She has been great!! Check back tomorrow for our "after" pictures!!