Friday, January 20, 2012

Homeschool-Mom-Swap

Awhile back The Homeschool Post organized a swap especially for homeschool moms. My partner Whit of Whit's World and I have a lot in common, more than just similar blog names! She has two boys that keep her busy and is just starting out homeschooling her oldest this year.

Here is a pix of the swap package that I put together for Whit. I am a bargain shopper and a DIYer so I was able to pack a lot of punch. I included:
a copy of 1/2 Price Living by Ellie Kay - to help stay money smart in this tough economy
a mom's pocket planner - to keep her crazy schedule organized
Restaurant.com certificate - so she can go on a date w/ her hubby!
some purple lip gloss and nail polish - to pamper herself a little bit
yummy chocolatey treats - cause who doesn't need a little chocolate fix once in awhile?
an apron & wreath that I made especially for her - because I know she loves the color purple!
And for her boys I slipped in some animal stickers and a science experiment book.

I really hope that Whit enjoyed the package as much as I enjoyed putting it together. I am enjoying getting to know her through our emails and her blog posts. Stop by Whit's World and say "hi" sometime!

Just a short time after I sent Whit her package she had some health problems. I think its been a difficult time for her and her family. She has been unable to reciprocate with a swap package for me. At first I was kind of pretty disappointed. Its a swap, there is supposed be gifts exchanged, not just one sent - right? But the more I thought and prayed about it I reminded myself that a gift should be given without the expectation of a gift being returned. Regardless of whether she was able to return the gift, I was blessed by sharing my gift with her. It was so much fun for me to put the package together for Whit. I hope she was as blessed by it as I was in giving it. I pray for God's blessings to be showered on Whit and her family.


Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2Corinthians 9:7

In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive. Acts 20:35


No comments: