Sunday, January 22, 2012

Texas Chicken Chowder


Recently my sister sent me a recipe for White Chicken Chili. It sounds so yummy but I didn't have all the ingredients. I ended up improvising with what I already had in the pantry and made up a yummy dish I have named:

Texas Chicken Chowder

1lb cooked chicken cut up
1 can nacho cheese
1 can cr. chicken soup
2 cups cooked rice
2 cans beans (I used one can pinto and one can of black beans)
1/2-1 cup milk or broth
1 can green enchilada sauce
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp taco/chili seasoning (or more if you like it hot)

Mix it all together in a pot and heat on medium until bubbly. Serve topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado slices, jalapenos, tortilla chips, etc.

If you end up trying it out let me know what you think of it! Thanks!

Linking up to:
The Southern Institute


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks SO GOOD!!! I'm happy for the invite over! I'm your newest follower!!!

XO, Aimee

Silly Simple said...

I love the way you improvise, this looks like a delicious meal!

btw, I am stopping by from Silly Simple Living!