Monday, January 02, 2012

Personal Goals for 2012

Just need to be clear. This is not a list of New Year's resolutions. (I think I'm telling myself that more than I am telling you. ;-) I read this post from Money Saving Mom recently that got me thinking about my lack of real goal setting. So often I am just doing what I have to do to get through the day/week/month that I don't set a lot of personal goals.
It was really good to sit down and really think about what my priorities are, and what I want to accomplish this year within each priority area. I used the printable goal setting outline from MSM's post and came up with a few things for me to focus on this year. Here are a couple highlights from that list:

Priority: Strengthening Marriage
- pray and read the Bible together more
- be intentional about putting date nights on the calendar
- plan 2 or more overnight dates this year
- watch less tv together

Priority: Health & Fitness
- schedule gym time w/ workout buddy (Beth)
- use more healthy recipes and smoothies
- find more active family activities/outings

Priority: Time Management
- implement a doable cleaning schedule for the whole family (include more delegation)
- minimize tv/computer time
- regularly de-clutter
- play & read with the kids more


I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:14

Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. - Psalm 37:5


No comments: