Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday Toot!

No, I'm not talking about what happens to my husband after he's eaten Steak and Shake chili. This is my first time participating in Tuesday Toot.



I was a little proud of myself for having bathed, and fed Nate and vacuumed the downstairs (with Nate's "help") all before 9:30am this morning. Thats pretty productive start to the day for us - we don't do mornings well in this household. But as I was writing this post I heard him in the kitchen and glanced over to see him holding the JetDry bottle (which is kept in a "baby proofed" cabinet - but he must have wiggled his skinny little arm in there anyway). Chaos ensued. I freaked out. He says he drank it but I don't think he had yet. He didn't have any blue-ish color anywhere on his face, hands or mouth. And the bottle didn't say anything about what to do if ingested. Isaac said if it was something to worry about then the bottle would have warnings about it. Right? I swear, nothing is out of his reach anymore! He's climbing on chairs and toys and just about anything to get what he wants from nigh shelves, the top of the desk, you name it. I've just about had it! On top of that, I've not had alot of sleep lately (Joe is teething again and has been keeping us up at night) and I'm just worn out, stressed out, ticked off, tuckered out, used up, drained..... you get the picture.

3 comments:

jan said...

Wani-I know how you feel. It's easy for me to say "Hang in there" because my kids are all older than yours. But there was a time not too long ago where I felt like you do now. It will go fast. It doesn't seem like it now, but it will.
Maybe you should leave a bottle of Benydryl (sp?) on the counter for Nate to "discover".
I'm kidding! :-)
I think we'd all feel better if the sun would just come out...
One time, when James was about 4, he came downstairs after I'd told him to go brush his teeth. He had a ring of white goo all around his mouth. "Mommy, dat toothpaste tasted funny."
I ran upstairs to see what he'd done only to discover that he'd brushed his teeth with diaper rash medicine!
This isn't very "spiritual", but if I were you, I'd put on a good movie that the kids would enjoy too and just cuddle up on the couch and veg. with them. Make a fun snack like apples with peanut butter on them or dry cheerios and raisins and just veg.
Jesus bless you guys.
Judy

Kmommy said...

sounds like we have similar days :)My toddler D is also a climber who plays w/everything but his toys! :) It's got to get better sometime ;)

Julie Arduini said...

I love your intro about Steak and Shake, ha ha, and my heart dropped when I read about your son saying he drank it. So glad it worked out but those toddler days, I think moms deserve a medal!