Saturday, March 29, 2008

Another Par-tay for Mommy Bloggers!

I really enjoyed the last blog party I participated in and thought I'd join in another! This time Mommies United is throwing the party! There are lots of moms to meet and prizes to win! Its not too late to join in!
This party is for and by moms and so thats who I want to speak to right now. We are such an important part of our husband's and kids' lives. We underestimate ourselves and we give ourselves guilt trips and compare ourselves to others who look like they have it all together. But really we're mostly in the same boat, all paddling furiously, using a rumbled map (possibly upside-down), trying to get us and our precious families where they need to go in life. I wish that we could look at ourselves and see the beautiful, strong, gifted, important women that God created us to be. I was reminded the other day of a quote that we should all take a moment to consider. Christopher Robin is talking to Winnie the Pooh and he says: "If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together. There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you." God says the same thing to us if only we would listen. He gives us the strength, and skills to handle whatever challenges come our way. And if we ever feel like its too much - He is right there to help us! How cool is that?!?

* Prizes..... I'd really like to win a custom blog design! The Natural Pod house play pack sounds really neat. The mother-child shirts sound really cool too.

I'll be giving away a prize myself..... So c'mon! Leave a comment on this post! I will do a drawing on Monday from the comments that are left between now and then. The winner will receive a copy of Journey to the Homeland by Hannah Stahlhut.

13 comments:

Gina said...

I just love that quote that you used. What a perfect way to describe us mom's and our lives.
Mommies United blog party is great, I hope to be involved in more.

Mommy Goggles said...

Your blog is amazing, inspiring and uplifting! Thanks for stopping by mine! I will add you as a friend on mine so I can check up on you :-)

XOXO
Tanya

Anonymous said...

I am amazed that you want a new blog design. Yours is gorgeous! Welcome to the blog party!!! :)

Unknown said...

I'd like to win that book! I love that Pooh quote...always have. But I love how you tied it in to how God thinks. Very wise, Wani!

Unknown said...

You too have a beautiful family. Thanks for stopping by our party. I'd love to win the book as well. Have a great sunday!

Unknown said...

You too have a beautiful family. Thanks for stopping by our party. I'd love to win the book as well. Have a great sunday!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by. Your blog is pretty and inspirational.
Congratulations to your sister! That is really impressive.
I'm going to have to keep checking in so I can read more of your posts, and to keep abreast with how Joe is doing. It sounds like you're doing a wonderful job and you're a great Mom.

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! I went out of town to a Beth Moore conference so I've been out of touch for a few days. Love your blog...especially your layout!! Why in the world would you want another one??

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello and we appreciate all the prayers out there! If you get a chance can you please go to http://www.babyandtoddlerproductreviews.blogspot.com/ and vote for Tristan in the Fierce Baby Contest?! Thanks and stop by again.

Sheila said...

Hi! It's so nice to meet you! I am very surprised that you want a blog redesign - your is great!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute blog! I hope to take a look around and visit again :)

p.s. Thank you for stopping by my party post.

Kristin said...

You ahve won on the mommies united you won the mother/child gift set from Girl Mogul please email us your size and shirt request. mommiesunited@yahoo.com

Ilissa said...

I just saw that you won the Girl Mogul giveaway! Congrats. I won that giveaway as well. Can't wait to receive the set. Their things are super cute! I hope you enjoy yours as well.