Monday, July 09, 2012

Nate's 7th Birthday

 With everything we've had going on lately I did not put the usual planning into Nate's birthday.  But we managed to pull together a few fun things to celebrate!
We had my husband's side of the family over for pizza and cupcakes. 
The boys played water balloon games and had a blast.  Its been so darn hot here they were happy to get some relief from the heat!

 Nate got a couple of Lego sets as gifts and he has loved spending time with Dad putting them together.
Just this week he has read the first two Harry Potter books!  So Isaac and I rewarded him on Friday night by letting him stay up to watch the first movie with us. He thought he was big stuff. Then on Sunday my friend Jess and I took Nate to see the movie Brave together.  It was nice to get some special time with the birthday boy!

 
Nate is such a special, wonderful boy!  He certainly tries my patience at times but he is incredibly smart and compassionate.  He loves his family so much.  Nate is often telling me "you're the best, mom"... Aw!!  Who can resist that?   ;-)  I am eager to see what the Lord has in store for my oldest son.  He can do anything he puts his mind to!  


"I pray that the Lord
will bless you . . .
as long as you live."
(Psalm 128:5, CEV)

1 comment:

danielle said...

Way to go Nate! That is awesome that he read those books! Can't wait until Justin can read bigger chapter books!