Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yummy Oriental Salad!



We spent Mother's Day weekend at my in-law's lakehouse getting it ready for the season. It was nice to have the time with family. I made this oriental salad that my husband likes and got rave reviews from the rest of the family. (This is where my toot comes in!) My sis-in-law even requested the recipe (she doesn't do that very often!). So, I thought I'd share that recipe with you all now! Let me know what you think!

ORIENTAL SALAD
1 bag slaw mix (OR 1/2 a head of cabbage shredded/chopped)
1 bunch green onion chopped (optional - my husband doesn't eat onions so I always leave it out)
1 package Ramen noodles (crunched up) Oriental or Chicken flavor are best - but any flavor will do
1/4 cup nuts (slivered almonds, chopped walnuts or peanuts, etc)
1/2 cup veg oil
4T sugar
2T vinegar
1/2 tsp pepper
1T sesame seeds

Measure and thoroughly mix the oil, vinegar, sugar, pepper and the Ramen seasoning packet and set aside. In a sm/med pan brown the broken Ramen noodles, nuts and sesame seeds. Once browned turn off heat and add the oil/seasoning mixture and stir until mixed well. Add to cabbage in large bowl and mix until evenly coated. It'd be side dish for sesame chicken or shish-k-bobs off the grill... or a great addition to any potluck (even at online one)! Enjoy!


Join in the MommyFest Potluck!







*the pic is from www.kraftfoods.com - its actually a similar oriental salad that sounds good too.

2 comments:

Agnes CF Lee said...

Hi we normally cook the ramen noodles in soup never thought of crunched it up to make a salad. something new to me..

Sherri said...

This sounds really good!...AND easy!!! I will definitely try this one.