Tuesday, May 13, 2008

MommyFest Blog Party -



Confession time... I really like the blog party thing... I know not everyone gets into it... but I do. I like getting new visitors commenting on my posts, I like checking out other mom-blogs, its fun. So here I go, joining in another blog par-tay for moms! I'll kick off my party posts with 5 Things about This Mom!



1. I'm a movie buff... and I remember dumb movie facts/trivia/etc like very few people I know. Not in a cute/funny way (well, maybe to some people) but in a "I can't stop myself from sharing this useless knowledge whenever it pops into my head" kind of way.

2. I get addicted to tv shows. I am proud of myself for not getting into watching soaps... but the shows I watch are just as bad sometimes. I love Greys Anatomy, Lost, Heroes, The Office... those are my main few, but I also like CSI New York (hate CSI Miami!), Without a Trace, House, and Numbers.

3. I really get into my blog. I wonder sometimes if I might be too into it at times... but as a stay-at-home-mom I have few daily pleasures... and this is one of them that I really enjoy.

4. I'm a wannabe crafty person. I can do some crafty things ok, but I aspire to do more than I actually do. I blame it on having toddlers, not having enough time, etc. But when it comes down to it its not all that, its me.

5. I don't like to talk about myself. Isn't that weird. I have a blog... alot of it is about me, but sometimes indirectly... you know what I mean? Usually its a topic and I'm talking about what I think about something, but I'm not actually talking about myself. When its specifically about me, I kind of get weird and uncomfortable. Oh, well... one more thing on my list to do - get comfortable in my own skin!





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stopping in from Mommyfest to say hi. I also get obsessive about tv shows, and love doing crafts (and art), and could easily spend all day if I didn't have a family and home to care for.

Emily ~ Little Window Shoppe said...

I found your site from The MommyFest Blog party - What a sweet blog. I love your site background. It's great to meet you! Hope to see you too at my Little Window Shoppe blog. Have a nice day.

i am the diva said...

Hi there!
Stopping in via Mommyfest blog party!!

C'mon over and say hi! Little Rock Star
Nice to find another person who hates CSI Miami - i thought i was the only one!!!
also, i love your blog layout!!
Happy Blogging!!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Hiya! Enjoying this Mommyfest thing, too!

I'm right there with ya on most of your points but #5. Somehow I find myself talking TOO MUCH about myself. I try to be good. :O)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think we'd get along fine - I get obsessive about tv and love to do crafty-type things (but I'm more of a wannabe). All that "useless knowledge" comes in handy on game night... you can be on my trivial pursuit team anytime!

Anonymous said...

thanks for visiting my blog,i hope you had fun at the mommyfest,and wish you an awesome weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog yesterday. We have lots in common-I can remember every line of my favorite movies, without trying (but I can't remember important things). I'm currently addicted to "The Office," I love scrapbooking, knitting, crocheting, and all other crafts, and I'm totally obsessed with writing on my blog! I would sit and write posts all day if I didn't have kids to take care of!

Hope you're having fun at MommyFest. Stop by and visit me again soon!

Melanie said...

I'm also really into my blog! And I know I'm too into it sometimes. Nice to meet you!
Livin' With Me
Our Crafts ~N~ Things

Anonymous said...

I agree that the blog party thing is cool. I'll have to mention to a friend of mine about the scrapbooking blog party you mentioned also! This is my first blog party and I think it's really cool. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that sooo many people participated! I don't hit as many as I would like because I try to write something personal on each blog. Quality over quantity is my motto!

BTW, thanks for stopping by SAHM Ramblings. I bailed on the place to hit the party circuit myself, so I hope that it wasn't too much of a mess when you got there. And I hope you helped yourself to some food! Hope to see you back sometime!

Anonymous said...

Great to meet you! I'm popping in from the Mommyfest site. I enjoy your blog. It's really nice. Hope to see you drop on over to my site, The So Called Me. I'd really love to have you!

Happy Partying! <3