Saturday, June 28, 2008

Searching for Solitude

I am one of those people that are almost evenly split between being an introvert and an extrovert. That's what a quiz I took online once said - so it must be true! Ha! But seriously, sometimes I love being social and spending time with people... other times all I want is to be alone (or even when I'm in a great group of people but I still feel completely alone). And as a stay-at-home-mom.... well, I'm sure most of you know that real alone time just doesn't happen much. I enjoy being a SAHM and I love my kids and my husband. But every once in awhile I just get tired of being "needed". Sometimes I feel like every minute of every day someone is pulling me in this direction or that, needing me to do something for them or to them or whatever.
Wouldn't it be nice to be alone with God for awhile? To not be hindered by our daily stuff that distracts and inhibits us. I want to be able to find that within myself and my relationship with God. One on one time with the Master. Time to just focus on Him and His many awesome characteristics and the blessings He's given us in our lives. Ah, to be able to spend time alone in nature with the Creator Himself! Sounds really good right about now!

Here are links to a couple of articles I found online on the topic of solitude:

SOLITUDE ~ by Andrew Richards

Silence and Solitude ~ by Donald S. Whitney

1 comment:

AlaneM said...

I lived alone for a long time before I got married & sometimes (especially since the kids arrived) I long for solitude.
My hubby is spending 2 nights a week away from home & I'm getting this bad habit of staying up late into the night, just enjoying my 'free' time. But I end up stumbling through the next day due to my night owl tendancies. Do you see what time I'm commenting? Yup, 2:30 AM.
A'hem.