Thursday, July 24, 2008

TT - 13 Musicals I Love



Over the weekend I went to see Mamma Mia with a friend. It was sooo much fun! We loved it! Here are 13 Musicals I Love:

1. Sound of Music - isn't Julie Andrews amazing? This is one I'll watch over and over again - probably still will when I'm old and grey.

2. Newsies - ah, a young Christian Bale... what a hottie! So many young girls had crushes on guys from this one!

3. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - you gotta love any movie that has a beautiful girl named "Dorcas".

4. Hairspray - I was surprised at how much I loved this movie when it came out. If I was still in high school, I'd be in love with Zac Efron. I haven't watched the old one with Ricki Lake yet.

5. Little Mermaid - one of the first movies we ever got on video, I think we wore out our vhs! I'm watching this one with my 3yr old right now!

6. Phantom of the Opera - one of the best! I loved it live! If we ever have a daughter we're naming her Christine!

7. Aladdin - can you be in love with a cartoon? Nah, but it was a great movie.

8. Holiday Inn - Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby... classic black and white musical. Great Christmas-time movie!

8. Beauty and the Beast - Disney isn't making them like this anymore! I still know most of the songs by heart!

9. Kiss Me Kate - musical adaptation of The Taming of the Shrew. Shakespeare set to music! What could be better?

10. Enchanted - who would have thought a live action/cartoon would turn out so good? Well, having McDreamy in it helped!

11. Mamma Mia - my new fave! Music was great and soooo funny! Great cast!

12. Grease - John Travolta was hot - a far cry from his role in Hairspray!

13. Wizard of Oz - I must have watched this movie hundreds of times while growing up! What little girl didn't want to be Dorothy at some point?



5 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

This is a movie based entirely on ABBA music, right? This is a movie that went to see on purpose? You paid money to see this? You liked this movie? Hello!?!?

:)

I know that I'll never see this movie, but I have plenty of movies like this that I like and refer to as "guilty pleasures." So, I'm going to let this one go. Besides, I was one of the few people that actually liked Grease 2.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've seen the movie versions of almost all of these. The exception? Momma Mia

Harmony said...

Great list, love all those movies. I haven't seen Hairspray yet (I know I know, where have I been?) and I want to see Momma Mia too. Thanks for sharing!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Oh...I really think I'm due for a good chick flick!

Teena in Toronto said...

The only one I'd see is "Beauty and the Beast" ... ha!

I played too :)