Thursday, July 24, 2008
TT - 13 Musicals I Love
Over the weekend I went to see Mamma Mia with a friend. It was sooo much fun! We loved it! Here are 13 Musicals I Love:
1. Sound of Music - isn't Julie Andrews amazing? This is one I'll watch over and over again - probably still will when I'm old and grey.
2. Newsies - ah, a young Christian Bale... what a hottie! So many young girls had crushes on guys from this one!
3. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - you gotta love any movie that has a beautiful girl named "Dorcas".
4. Hairspray - I was surprised at how much I loved this movie when it came out. If I was still in high school, I'd be in love with Zac Efron. I haven't watched the old one with Ricki Lake yet.
5. Little Mermaid - one of the first movies we ever got on video, I think we wore out our vhs! I'm watching this one with my 3yr old right now!
6. Phantom of the Opera - one of the best! I loved it live! If we ever have a daughter we're naming her Christine!
7. Aladdin - can you be in love with a cartoon? Nah, but it was a great movie.
8. Holiday Inn - Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby... classic black and white musical. Great Christmas-time movie!
8. Beauty and the Beast - Disney isn't making them like this anymore! I still know most of the songs by heart!
9. Kiss Me Kate - musical adaptation of The Taming of the Shrew. Shakespeare set to music! What could be better?
10. Enchanted - who would have thought a live action/cartoon would turn out so good? Well, having McDreamy in it helped!
11. Mamma Mia - my new fave! Music was great and soooo funny! Great cast!
12. Grease - John Travolta was hot - a far cry from his role in Hairspray!
13. Wizard of Oz - I must have watched this movie hundreds of times while growing up! What little girl didn't want to be Dorothy at some point?