Sunday, July 27, 2008

Blog Party!


This marks my 300th post on Wani's World and my 4 year blogiversary. I've really enjoyed watching Wani's World grow over the last four years and especially the last year. I started out just writing about our life to keep in touch with family and friends who lived out of town. But, I think I've grown as a blogger and my reasons for blogging have changed over these past few years. I've so enjoyed meeting other bloggers and reading about their lives, getting tips and encouragement from strangers that share a common interest or struggle has been a real blessing.
PLEASE comment away! I would love get tons of comments from all of you about why you blog, for how long you've been blogging, what you blog about, all that jazz! Hope to hear from alot of you soon!

You have to comment to be eligible to win!! I'll also base some prizes on your blog's main subject. So, if you blog about crafts I might send you the scrapbooking magazine, etc. Feel free to leave your prize preference in your comment.

Prizes to be won:
several Yankee Candle Votives
cute apron handmade by ME!
a Word Search Book
collection of handmade paper-craft embellishments
magazine - parenting and/or scrapbooking

The party will end at midnight on July 28th... so sometime on Tuesday I'll post winners.



14 comments:

Ariel said...

Sounds like fun to me! I'll be here!

Precision Quality Laser said...

Hi Wani,
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad I'm not the only one too! LOL :)

Amy said...

Your blog is very fun! I enjoyed looking around! I still am at the "blogging for family and friends/posterity" stage, but I love it! Your boys are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Great fun! I've marked my calendar. I'll be looking forward to this! May I post your blog party button on my three blogs?

A Cup of Joy
acupofjoy.wordpress.com

Comfort Joy Designs
comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

The Chocolistas
thechocolistas.blogspot.com

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Congrats on 300!
O'my, I must be a wordy one as I'll hit 300 soon and I've only been at this since Dec 06?!

I decide that if I was gonna do this "blogsphere" thing it would be to help lift others up as there more than enough negativity out there (yike'ser)!

Sharing the day to day evidance of God's love with anyone whose interested in reading.

In a nutshell it's like being a "candle in a dark place" a ministry outlet for me to share the gospel! Which in turn encourages me to draw closer to more of HIM and less of me!

bevsclark said...

I don't have a blog. I admire those who do and can write so freely about their lives for others to share.

I also saw Mamma Mia and LOVED it more than I thought I would. I literally had a smile across my face for the whole movie. I saw the live performance in Vegas and thought the movie was up there in performance.

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary!

maddie said...

I am here! What do I get??? GRIN I wish I really could be there, but we only have 5 more months! I love ya!

Alison said...

I found out about this just in time to enter! I like to blog for several reasons: it's an online journal for me and my kids (in the future) to remember the ordinary events of our lives that are so precious and shouldn't be forgotten, but with the added enticement of readers who give you instant feedback and share their experiences. I've enjoyed getting to know so many women through the computer.

All of your prizes sound great--I am a scrapbooker and would love anything to do with it, if I win!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

http://pshelovesyou.blogspot.com/2008/07/just-for-you-from-my-grandma.html

Come sign up for a bloggy giveaway!

Forgetfulone said...

I've had your Go, Blog, Go button posted on my blog for about ten days now. I don't remember exactly when I put it on there, but it's so cute! I had to put it there.

I've been blogging since December 2005. It's only been the last year or so that I've REALLY gotten into it. I love it. It's a way to get out and meet the world and to share things I love.

If I win, I would love to have the embellishments or scrapbook magazine. The candles would be good, too. In case you don't know how I found you, it was through Sunday Scribblings. I've been subscribed to your blog through Bloglines for a couple of weeks now.

Happy anniversary! Take care!

The Proverbs Wife said...

Whew...looks like I made it just in time. Count me in on the partaaaay.

You have a great blog and I love your background.

The Proverbs Wife said...

BTW, I would love the handmade apron. I'll bet it's cute.

Qtpies7 said...

I know this is already over, but I came by because I love your cute button based on a Dr. Suess book! Cute!!

I started blogging as a journal, I guess. I was pregnant with #7, and it was a difficult pregnancy, blogging gave me something to do. And I like recording things my kids do so I can remember them. Important as I am already forgetting things, lol.
But I also love what my blog has become for me. It is a place for friends, therapy, fun, winning, reviewing (free products is amazing!) and just generally makes me feel good.