Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our Winners Are.....

I really enjoyed reading your comments on my party post. I love feedback from readers! As I was reading the comments and thinking about winning prizes it made me think of the movie "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio". Here is what Jeff Shannon said about it:
Based on the true story of Evelyn Ryan,
The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio is one of those overlooked gems that deserves a long life on DVD... As always, Julianne Moore brings subtle perfection to her role as Evelyn, the cheerfully strong-willed mother of ten who compensates for the failings of her alcoholic husband (Woody Harrelson) by becoming the most successful "contester" in the country, entering cleverly-worded poems, jingles, and slogans in corporate sponsored contests throughout the mid-1950s and early '60s. Winning everything from palm trees and pogo-sticks to sports cars and cash, she holds the financially desperate family together with happy smiles and a rock-solid defiance of her husband's volatile temper... Like Evelyn, this movie's a winner.
This movie reminded me that sometimes its amazing how the little things that we do as parents can add up to be a whole lot. My photography business isn't exactly booming... but I do jobs for friends and family here and there and its added up to be a few thousand dollars over the last few years. Not too shabby. My husband does surveys online. Sometimes its $1 - sometimes its $5 - occasionally he'll get bigger ones but those all add up to be a few hundred dollars every year. Not too bad for a few minutes of his time here and there.

Well, while these prizes won't amount to much its always fun to win something! And while I wish I could have sent everyone a prize that would be too expensive! Instead, I wrote down the commenter's names on scraps of paper and blindly picked out three... so, I have a couple of winners and prizes to announce.

C. Leinbach is getting a mini scrapbooking kit (similar to the one in the picture)

forgetfulone is getting misc. embellishments (some of them are handmade) and a scrapbooking magazine

BrineS is getting a couple Yankee candle votives and the handmade apron (I'm not the most skilled seamstress, but its cute)

FYI - both BrineS and forgetfulone are having giveaways of their own so go check them out!
Winners: Please email me your addresses so I can mail you your prizes! Thanks to all those who participated (especially those who posted my blog party button) and I hope to see you all back at Wani's World again soon!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Wani! Woo-Hoo! I won! I'm so excited! The apron looks so cute! I love Yankee candles. Yippee! Can you tell I'm excited?

Here's my email:
dbstout[at]juno[dot]com

Have A Wonderful Day!
Deborah

I John 4:19

Forgetfulone said...

Thank you! I am so into my scrapbooks lately, and I can always use new embellishments and inspiration. Thanks for the linky love, too. Yours is coming. Also, I emailed you my address. If you don't have it in your inbox, please let me know. Thanks!

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I didn't enter the contest, but I was sure that I'd win something.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Congrats!